Thrive Skin Institute’s Dermaplaning class provides the hands-on training necessary for students to become proficient in dermaplaning. Students learn how to treat a client from start to finish.
Dermaplaning has been widely used within salons and spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellus hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
What to expect from this course
Our hands-on dermaplaning course is featured in three parts to facilitate learning in a progressive and enjoyable fashion that leads our students to successful completion of the course.
Part 1 is an Online Course and contains your Dermaplaning Manual.- This is the theory portion of the class. Students learn all the course objectives.
Part 2 Watch a pro- Students observe a technician performing a dermaplaning treatment from start to finish in class.
Part 3 Your Turn- is the Experience portion and is hands-on in class.
*Students receive a dermaplaning starter kit in class.
Dermaplaning Course Objectives
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
2022 Class Dates