Clinical Laser Training Course in Oak Brook, IL
At Thrive Skin Institute, our laser training courses are provided by experienced professionals with deep knowledge. For more information, call us or visit our institute during our business hours. We are conveniently located at 1301 22nd Street Suite 102, Oak Brook IL 60523. We train future beauty professionals from Oak Brook IL, Glen Ellyn IL, Lombard IL, Elmhurst IL, Hinsdale IL and now with our online courses you can learn with us from anywhere!
Table of Contents:
Clinical Laser Training Course
What to expect from this course
Treatments covered in the course:
Laser Portion Objectives:
Equipment Used During Class:
The more you know…
Upcoming Hands-on Class Dates
How do I get started with laser hair removal?
What qualification do you need to do laser?
How profitable is a laser hair removal business?
Our in-depth 3 day clinical laser training course will teach you the industries most in demand treatments. Throughout this training course, students are taught in the classroom and participate in hands-on clinical training.
This extensive, hands on course will provide participating students with laser certification.
This course is packed with pertinent information and hours of hands-on training. Students learn how to treat a client from start to finish.
We want our students to receive the finest education in Cosmetic lasers. Our hands-on training program is featured in three parts to facilitate learning in a progressive and enjoyable fashion that leads our students to successful completion of the course.
Part 1 Classroom- This is the theory portion of the class. Students learn all the course objectives.
Part 2 Watch a pro- Students observe a technician performing treatments from start to finish.
Part 3 Your Turn- is the Experience portion and is hands-on in class. Students are able to practice techniques, hand movement, spacing and more.
We know not everyone learns at the same pace. For that reason, we prefer to keep the hands-on class size small to ensure all our students receive personalized attention. Students who successfully complete this medical aesthetics course are well equipped to work with cosmetic lasers in any type of medical setting.
– Laser Hair Removal
– Body Contouring
– Tattoo Removal
– Vascular Removal
– Collagen Remodeling
– Skin Tightening
– Laser physics and safety
– Anatomy of skin and hair
– Understanding tissue interaction
– Skin typing and analysis
– Identifying the right client
– Pre and post-operative care
– Managing adverse events
– Medical terminology
– Machine settings and operation
– Treatment technique
– Performing a client consultation
– Candela Gentlemax pro
– Candela Picoway
The medical aesthetics industry in worth over 4 Billion dollars and continues to grow. With evolving technology and new treatment procedures, businesses, such as; medical spas, dermatology and plastic surgery offices need trained professionals that are well able to provide these services.
The more versatile you are in your career, the more enticing you are to potential employers.
Thrive Skin Institute has been training people from all over the country for over 10 years. Our reputation in Chicago is second to none. We take great pride in providing quality education and training, knowing that we play an intricate part in advancing someone’s career. Because we train with some of the biggest names in cosmetic lasers and other treatment modalities, businesses often reach out to us with job opportunities. These job postings only go out to students that have received the appropriate certification for the position being offered.
January 25th-27th, March 8th-10th, April 19th-21st, June 7th-9th, October 11th-13th , December 6th-8th
Price– Regular $5,000.00, Special offer $2,995.00
Terms and conditions
Lasers are used in some of the most popular cosmetic treatments; from skin tightening to facial rejuvenation, lasers of varying strengths and intensities are used to accomplish a wide range of aesthetic outcomes. Among the most common uses of this technology in aesthetic procedures is laser hair removal, which can target the pigment in hair to damage the follicle. This kind of hair removal has grown to be the new favorite as it can achieve permanent results with a series of treatments.
Laser hair removal is one of the most exciting cosmetic treatments; there are a surplus of clients that have a need for this service, most of whom express their gratitude for a job well-done. With this in mind, it is no surprise that the demand for laser hair removal specialists is high, with a number of training courses available. In order to get started with laser hair removal, you must:
– Get Certified — Having a Laser/IPL Safety Certificate is the first essential step to opening your own business as well as operating the machine safely.
– Get Organized — After receiving all of the necessary certifications and licensing, you must get setup with insurance and other business prerequisites, such as setting up a bank account for your business.
– Choose the Equipment — Once you are legally set up to go, it is time to decide what machine is the best to invest in. It is important to choose wisely as these machines cost tens of thousands of dollars; it is better to find a quality and trusted brand name and buy new than to find a deal only for it to break down or cause worse problems that could leave you liable.
– Set Up Your Space — This next step is where personal creativity can really shine! Now that all of the tedious legalities are taken care of, it is time to design your working space, which can set the mood and atmosphere of the practice. Some things you will need include goggles (for yourself and your clients), a laser/IPL safety door sign, block out curtains, good lighting, a sink, a bed and the appropriate covers, consultation forms, an EFT machine and float for your hard-earned cash.
– Prepare Your Pricing — Now that you have everything set up and ready to go, you have to determine how much you will charge for your service. Spend a day looking around your local area, pick up price lists, talk to staff and get a feel for the prices in and around your neighborhood.
– Maximize Your Marketing — While there is no need to go all fancy, you will have to market your business; opening the doors is not enough to guarantee success.
Laser technicians can find employment at spas and medical centers or in dermatologist offices. Training to become a certified laser technician includes classroom and hands-on experience. There are many certification options from which to choose, but different states have different education and experience requirements for laser technicians to be able to work.
In order to become a certified laser technician, the training can be completed in a short period of time through a vocational program. Some laser tech school programs restrict enrollment to nurses or licensed aestheticians or cosmetologists, while others have less stringent restrictions. Coursework for using a laser is typically divided into classroom training and hands-on experience. Topics of study include laser devices, laser safety, physics, regulatory guidelines, hair removal, tattoo removal, and collagen rejuvenation.
The laser hair removal market is growing; In 2018, the global laser hair removal market size was valued at USD 587.56 million and is expected to expand at a rate of 15.9% from 2019 to 2026. There is nearly unlimited earning potential for a laser hair removal business, making it one of the most prudent and practical career decisions.
Come to Thrive Skin Institute to learn how to get started with offering laser treatments! Call us today to schedule a course for clinical laser training, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 1301 22nd Street, #102, Oak Brook, IL 60523. We train future beauty professionals from Oak Brook IL, Glen Ellyn IL, Lombard IL, Elmhurst IL, Hinsdale IL and now with our online courses you can learn with us from anywhere!