Dermaplaning Training in Chicago
Course Includes: Extensive Training
Upcoming class dates: August 21st
Qualifications: This course is offered to Licensed aestheticians, cosmetologist, and medical professionals.
This procedure has been widely used within physician offices and medical spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellus hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
Thrive Skin Institutes Dermapaning Class provides the hands-on training necessary for students to become proficient in dermaplaning within a short time. Training is comprehensive and includes Manual, Pro Start Kit, and Hands-On Coaching (each participant will give and receive a treatment)
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
*All participants will receive a ProStart Kit (contains tools & supplies for 1 treatment room & disposibles for 15 treatments)
Be prepared to give and receive a full-face treatment, so please no chemical peels or laser treatments 2 weeks prior to training.
*Please check with the State Board in the state you plan on practicing in, each state has different regulations for dermaplaning, it is your responsibility to check the eligibility requirements.
* Courses are non-refundable but can be transferred once to another course on a later date.