Dermaplaning Training in Chicago
Course Includes: Extensive Training
Upcoming class dates: February 13th
This procedure has been widely used within physician offices and medical spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellus hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
Thrive Skin Institutes Dermapaning Class provides the hands-on training necessary for students to become proficient in dermaplaning within a short time. Training is comprehensive and includes Manual, Pro Start Kit, and Hands-On Coaching (each participant will give and receive a treatment)
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
*All participants will receive a ProStart Kit (contains tools & supplies for 1 treatment room & disposibles for 15 treatments)
Be prepared to give and receive a full-face treatment, so please no chemical peels or laser treatments 2 weeks prior to training.