Dermaplaning Training in Chicago
Course Includes: Extensive Training
Upcoming class dates: November 7
This procedure has been widely used within physician offices and medical spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellus hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
*All participants will receive a ProStart Kit (contains tools & supplies for 1 treatment room & disposibles for 15 treatments)
Be prepared to give and receive a full-face treatment, so please no chemical peels or laser treatments 2 weeks prior to training.