Dermaplaning & Microneedling
This in-depth, hands-on aesthetics in medical settings course is focused on Dermaplaning and Microneedling, the two most sought-after procedures in medspas, dermatology and plastic surgery offices.
Students receive a course manual, dermaplaning Pro start kit and a certificate for dermaplaning & microneedling.
This procedure has been widely used within physician offices and medical spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellus hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
We want our students to receive the finest education in dermaplaning. Our training program is featured in two parts to facilitate learning in a progressive and enjoyable fashion that leads our students to successful completion of the course.
Part 1 is an Online Course and contains your Dermaplaning Manual.
Part 2 is the Experience portion and is hands-on in class. All of the tools and supplies needed for 15 dermaplaning facials are included in the ProStart Kit which students receive in class.
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
*Be prepared to give and receive a full-face treatment, so please no chemical peels or laser treatments 2 weeks prior to training.
Medical Skin Needling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and Micro-Needling, is a relatively new concept being added to numerous aesthetic skin rejuvenation treatment options. Micro-Needling, is used to break down scar tissue and to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply.
- The history, Developments of needling devices
- Product usage protocols
- Treatment guidelines
- Indications and contraindications
- Pre and post care instruction
- Comparative and corresponding skin therapies
- Treatment and technical demonstration
- Certification testing
Upcoming 2020 Class Dates