Course Credits: 6 CE hours
Course Includes: Extensive Training
Upcoming class dates:
Requirements: Licensed esthetician or cosmetologist.
This course is designed for the aesthetician that wishes to include microdermabrasion, hot and cold hammer, LED light therapy, and chemical peels into the menu of services offered to their clients. The morning sessions in Chicago will include a discussion of the why’s and how to’s of these modalities. During the afternoon, participants will perform these procedures on themselves and models provided by Thrive Skin Institute
Microdermabrasion uses gentle abrasion and suction to painlessly remove the outer layer of dead skin. The underlying epidermis immediately looks and feels smoother and more radiant. Microdermabrasion, is one of the easiest and most effective anti-aging treatments you can get. Its benefits include: softening fine lines and wrinkles, helps to smooth coarsely textured skin, decreases the appearance of scarring, decreases pore size, and reduces superficial hyper-pigmentation, also known as age spots. Using a diamond-tipped wand, to slough off the top layer (epidermis) of your skin and stimulate new skin growth.
• Identify and implement microdermabrasion techniques to assist in the correction of various skin conditions
• Individualize treatment based on skin type and benefits of corrective skin care for each individualized skin type.
• Pre and post care instructions
• Proper sanitation, safety issues, and proper skin analysis.
• Micro-exfoliation treatment protocols
Chemical Peels have become a staple of the esthetics profession. Peels are used for anti-aging, hyperpigmentation, acne and oily skin, as well as to deliver over all healthier, smoother more youthful skin. Grasp a complete understanding of the different types of chemical peels. Enzymes, alpha/beta peels, Jessners solution as well as advanced technology in chemical peeling agents will be discussed. Attendees will learn the physiological reactions of peeling agents on the skin, as well as how to determine what peels are suitable for each skin type and condition.
• Learning and understanding different types of chemical peels, including: AHAs, BHAs, lactic peels, glycolic peels, salicylic acid peels, and TCAs
• Education on the wound healing process, tissue interaction, and the stages of skin peeling.
• Fundamental understanding for the treatment and options for individual skin types/ages.
• Protocol for treating severe skin conditions such as acne, textured skin, scars, wrinkles, dull skin tones, free-radical skin stress, photo damage, age spots, etc.
• Client preparation, pre and post care instructions, and chemical peel contradictions and safety protocols
Hot & Cold Hammer
The hot and cold hammer massage is a facial treatment tool, with both sides of the hammer head reaching different temperatures (one hot, one cold) simultaneously. The hot side of the hammer relaxes and opens pores while stimulating blood circulation beneath the skin. The cold side soothes tired and overheated skin, and closes pores while locking moisture into the skin.
• How to incorporate hot & cold hammer techniques into facials.
• Individualize treatment based on skin type
• Benefits of hot & cold hammer
• Hot & cold hammer treatment protocols
LED Light Therapy
LED light therapy is a painless, relaxing, non-invasive skin-care treatment that has multiple benefits—particularly stimulating collagen and treating mild to moderate acne. LED treatments work by using an array of bright light-emitting diodes that send low-level light energy into the deeper layers of the skin.
• Learn how different light therapy colors treat different skin condition
• Individualize treatment based on skin condition
• Benefits of light therapy
• Light therapy treatment protocols
* Courses are non-refundable but can be transferred once to another course on a later date.