Advanced Aesthetics in Medical Settings
Course Includes: Extensive Training
Upcoming class dates:
This procedure has been widely used within physician offices and medical spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellus hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
· The history & purpose of dermaplaning
· How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
· Client selection
· Contraindications to treatment
· Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
· Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
· Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
*All participants will receive a ProStart Kit (contains tools & supplies for 1 treatment room & disposables for 15 treatments)
Be prepared to give and receive a full-face treatment, so please no chemical peels or laser treatments 2 weeks prior to training.
Collagen Induction Therapy
Medical Skin Needling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and Micro-Needling, is a relatively new concept being added to numerous aesthetic skin rejuvenation treatment options. Micro-Needling, is used to break down scar tissue and to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply.
· The history, Developments of needling devices
· Product usage protocols
· Treatment guidelines
· Indications and contraindications
· Pre and post care instruction
· Comparative and corresponding skin therapies
· Treatment and technical demonstration
· Certification testing
*Please check with the State Board in the state you plan on practicing in, each state has different regulations, it is your responsibility to check the eligibility requirements.
* Courses are non-refundable but can be transferred once to another course on a later date.