Innovative Aesthetics in Medical Settings
Course Includes: Extensive Training
Upcoming class dates: September 17th & 18th
This is Thrive Skin & Laser Institute signature course. Dermaplaning, Micro-Needling, and Chemical Peels are the most sought-after treatments in Medical Spas, Dermatology, and Plastic Surgery offices.
This procedure has been widely used within physician offices and medical spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellus hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
· The history & purpose of dermaplaning
· How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
· Client selection
· Contraindications to treatment
· Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
· Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
· Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
*All participants will receive a ProStart Kit (contains tools & supplies for 1 treatment room & disposables for 15 treatments)
Collagen Induction Therapy
Medical Skin Needling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and Micro-Needling, is a relatively new concept being added to numerous aesthetic skin rejuvenation treatment options. Micro-Needling, is used to break down scar tissue and to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply.
· The history, Developments of needling devices
· Product usage protocols
· Treatment guidelines
· Indications and contraindications
· Pre and post care instruction
· Comparative and corresponding skin therapies
· Treatment and technical demonstration
Peels are used to maintain smooth and refreshed skin; as well as for pre- and post-op in a plastic surgeon’s office. A very popular treatment, peels are safe and effective when performed by a trained professional. Medium Depth Peels enable you to provide your clients with either maintenance and/or corrective results. Learn how to properly recommend and administer Image Peels to your clientele. You will also learn how to customize your peels with enhancers for the perfect fit for your clients specific needs in this hands on class.